How have you impacted someone’s life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey’s premier healthcare system.
The CT Technologist performs computed tomography procedures and related techniques, producing sectional and three-dimensional images for the interpretation and assists with interventional and therapeutic procedures.
A day in the life of a CT Technologist at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
1. Performs complex CT procedures.
2. Evaluates radiographs to ensure that radiographs contain proper identification and are of diagnostic value.
3. Uses consistent and appropriate techniques to gather relevant information from the medical record, significant others and health care providers to prepare protocols for scanning and patient safety. The collection of information is determined by the patient's needs or condition.
4. Determines whether the patient has been appropriately prepared for the procedure.
5. Preps patient for scanning: (i.e. shielding, immobilization devices).
6. Assist providers with CT guided Interventional procedures as required.
7. Perform CT examination and administer contrast following established departmental protocols.
8. Provides accurate explanations and instructions at any appropriate time and at a level the patient can understand. Addresses and documents patient questions and concerns regarding the procedure when appropriate.
9. Performs venipuncture, IV patency, and maintenance procedures according to established guidelines.
10. Monitors the patient's physical condition during the procedure.
11. Reviews images to determine if additional scans will enhance the diagnostic value of the procedure.
12. Performs retrospective reconstruction on raw data.
13. Provides technical assistance and instruction to students, employees, and medical residents.
14. Adheres to the principals of image gently & image wisely
15. Follow & adheres to infection control guidelines and sterile techniques.
16. Revises scanning parameters to better visualize the pathology in accordance with established protocol.
17. Reviews all diagnostic or therapeutic data for completeness and accuracy.
18. Documents diagnostic, treatment, and patient data in the appropriate record.
19. Archives images to data storage devices according to established guidelines.
20. Assesses equipment to determine acceptable performance based on established guidelines.
21. Performs daily clerical duties, which includes the use of EPIC, PACS, Teletracking System, computer system, patient scheduling, and other computer systems as added by hospital.
22. Greets all patients when they arrive for their exam utilizing AIDET standards.
23. Administers emergency care including performing CPR, if necessary.
24. Responsible for scheduled shifts including holidays and weekends.
25. Overtime as needed to provide continual quality patient care.
26. On call assignments as needed per Department of Radiology policy.
27. Adheres to the policy of Employee ID, Standards of Behavior, Attendance, and Punctuality.
28. Identifies the needs of the patient population served and modifies and delivers care that is specific to those needs (i.e., age, culture, language, hearing and /or visually impaired, etc.). This process includes communicating with the patient, parent, and/or primary caregiver(s) at their level (developmental/age, educational, literacy, etc.).
29. Adheres to the standards identified in the Medical Center's Organizational Competencies.
30. Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
31. Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
1. Graduate of approved school of radiography
2. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
3. Proficient computer skills that may include but are not limited to Microsoft Office and/or Google Suite platforms.
Licenses and Certifications Required:
1. Diagnostic Radiography License.
2. American Registry of Radiologic Technologists Certification.
3. AHA Basic Health Care Life Support HCP Certification.
4. CT certification must complete within 9 months from date of hire.
Lifts a minimum of 25 lbs., pushes and pulls a minimum of 50 lbs. and stands a minimum of 6 hours a day.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Software Powered by iCIMS