How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, and behavioral health, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
The Discharge Specialist provides case management services to patients. Completes discharge plans for each patient's transition to the next level of care. Introduces programs and services designed to meet the needs of the patient after discharge. Facilitates discharge planning group on each unit.
We invite you to listen to our team members share what it's like to be part of HMH's Carrier Clinic Team:
A day in the life of a Discharge Specialist at HMH/Carrier Clinic includes:
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
1. High School diploma or equivalent.
2. Minimum of 1 year relevant work experience in a healthcare setting.
3. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
4. Proficient computer skills that may include but are not limited to Microsoft Office and/or Google Suite platforms.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
1. Bachelor Degree in Social Work or related field.
If you feel the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilites, then please apply today!