Our team members are the heart of what makes us better. At Hackensack Meridian Health we help our patients live better, healthier lives — and we help one another to succeed. With a culture rooted in connection and collaboration, our employees are team members. Here, competitive benefits are just the beginning. It’s also about how we support one another and how we show up for our community. Together, we keep getting better - advancing our mission to transform healthcare and serve as a leader of positive change.
The Rehabilitation Aide, under the direction and immediate supervision of therapists, assists in patient care related activities and performs routine department clerical tasks such as answering telephones, scheduling appointments and maintaining inventory.
A day in the life of a Rehabilitation Aide at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
1. Models and maintains a safe environment in which to deliver services.
2. Assists patients in performing activities of daily living using proper body mechanics.
3. Cleans and disinfects equipment as per policy.
4. Maintains all supplies and equipment, including tracking inventory and ordering supplies and/or notifying appropriate staff to order supplies.
5. Monitors patients with established exercise programs and ambulates patients safely under the supervision of a professional.
6. Distributes linen, hot and cold packs, and supplies, handles laundry, puts away equipment after use and performs clearing and maintenance of equipment. Wheelchairs, weights, mats, and tables are cleaned between uses. Whirlpools are prepared and cleaned as directed by the therapist.
7. Transports patients into the appropriate treatment areas in an orderly and timely fashion.
8. Notifies supervisor of any unsafe conditions and handles emergency situation in an appropriate manner.
9. Assists therapists to ensure efficiency of department, especially during high patient volume.
10. Provides clerical/front desk support as needed assisting with answering phones, relaying messages, greeting patients, copying, filing and maintaining charts and scheduling or patient appointments.
11. Develops a rapport and mutual respect with patients and team members fostering an optimum environment for goal achievement.
12. Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
13. Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
1. High School diploma, general equivalency diploma (GED), and/or GED equivalent programs.
2. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
3. Proficient computer skills that include but are not limited to Microsoft Office and/or Google Suite platforms.
Licenses and Certifications Required:
1. BLS Certification within 30 days of hire
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!