How have you impacted someone’s life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey’s premier healthcare system.
The Teacher of English assists with implementing the New Jersey Department of Education Core Curriculum Content Standards while providing a well-developed senior and junior high school level program in English for classified pupils. Incorporates the organization's Mission, Values, and Service Standard Behavior guidelines in the fulfillment of all duties and responsibilities.
A day in the life of a Teacher of English at HMH/Carrier Clinic includes:
1. Provide well-constructed English lessons that meet the requirements and the New Jersey Core Curriculum Content Standards for English (Common Core).
2. Lessons should be presented that focus upon proficiency levels based on standards developed by the National Council of Teachers of English and the NJ Core Curriculum Content Standards in English.
3. Lessons should have clearly stated objectives, builds on previous learning and relates to future lessons that contain a summary of key points.
4. Prepare lesson plans that reflect a logical sequence of learning objectives and activities that reflect the National and New Jersey State curriculum standards in English.
5. Utilizes a variety of learning materials and activities and utilizes discussion and questioning techniques effectively.
6. Assesses and monitors students' progress frequently and by appropriate means, feedback, and modifying the lesson as needed.
7. Reports accurate and relevant information regarding student progress and achievement at conferences, IEP meetings, drafts PLAAFP's, on report cards, on progress reports and to administrative staff as needed.
8. Participates in school-based committees in developing programming and curriculum for the students.
9. Provides clearly articulated behavioral expectations to students and provides students with feedback and reinforcement regarding their behavior.
10. Applies the school-wide behavior rewards program and behavioral contracts as directed.
11. Enforces school rules consistently and contributes to the maintenance of a safe and orderly environment.
12. Maintains constructive relationships with other staff members.
13. Maintains positive and appropriate relationships with students.
14. Seeks assistance from appropriate personnel whenever student related or school related problems occur.
15. Implements student-related intervention plans and other plans related to the daily operation of the program as directed by an administrator.
16. Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
17. Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
1. Bachelor's Degree.
2. Minimum three (3) years as a Teacher.
3. NJDOE Criminal History Review.
4. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
5. Proficient computer skills that may include but are not limited to Microsoft Office and/or Google Suite platforms.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
1. English Degree.
2. Special Education teaching experience with adolescents.
Licenses and Certifications Required:
1. NJDOE Teacher of English or NJDOE Teacher of English Certificate of Eligibility.
2. NJDOE Teacher of Handicapped Certification OR NJDOE Teacher of Students with Disabilities Certification OR the willingness to enroll in a NJDOE approved Teacher of Students with Disabilities college/university program prior to work start date. Proof of programs and certifications to be provided to the East Mountain School administration; teachers must adhere to certification timelines to obtain their standard credential(s).
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!