How have you impacted someone’s life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey’s premier healthcare system.
The Certified Recreation Therapist provides clinical services to clients including assessments, treatment planning, recreational/adjunctive therapy individual and therapeutic patient groups.
A day in the life of a Certified Recreation Therapist at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
1. Client Satisfaction: Promotes a positive client experience, participates in a wellness and recovery model, encourages client feedback.
2. Documentation-Initial Assessment: Initial assessment is completed in an accurate and timely procedure within program policies and procedures.
3. Documentation-Progress Notes: Progress notes are completed in an accurate and timely procedure within program policies and procedures.
4. Treatment Plan: Utilizes Recreational assessment to develop a Treatment plan which is individualized, measurable, and incorporates client involvement. Treatment plan is completed in an accurate and timely procedure within program policies and procedures. Treatment plan review is completed in an accurate and timely manner within program policies and procedures.
5. Initial Assessment: Assessment is comprehensive and demonstrates clinical competence.
6. Performance Improvement: Demonstrates a clear understanding of performance improvement activities within the department. Actively participates in the Performance Improvement Process.
7. Professional enhancement: Maintains and provides knowledge of current issues in the field. Shares information from conferences, articles and training with others.
8. Competencies: Demonstrates clinical competency in the provision of group clinical treatments. Demonstrates clinical competency in the provision of individual clinical treatments.
9. Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
10. Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
1. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
2. Proficient computer skills that may include but are not limited to Microsoft Office and/or Google Suite platforms.
If you feel the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!