How have you impacted someone’s life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey’s premier healthcare system.
The Lead Pharmacy Technician, Parata, will be responsible for leading the Parata technician team and establishing a cycle fill schedule to ensure all facility cycles are completed timely. They will work with the pharmacy technician supervisors to ensure that their area is scheduled appropriately. This position will be responsible for establishing and implementing a schedule for cleaning and maintaining the machine as well as ordering supplies necessary for the day to day operations. Furthermore, this person will be the resident expert and super user able to address and troubleshoot issues that come up while operating the machines. This Lead Technician will also serve as the liaison between the pharmacy operations team and Parata Support. A complete knowledge of the pharmacy dispensing process will be necessary to be able to properly train new and existing team members.
A day in the life of a Lead Pharmacy Technician, Parata at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
1. Possess a good working knowledge of Parata Dispenser, Parata Pearl, and Parata Cut n Roll.
2. Reassign canisters as new fast movers are identified.
3. Train team members on new and existing pharmacy best practice procedures.
4. In conjunction with the Pharmacy Operations Leadership Team ensure that technicians are properly scheduled in that area.
5. In conjunction with the pharmacy buyer, ensure that medication and material supplies are adequate for operational needs.
6. Ensures that all technicians that are assigned to Parata tasks are properly trained and are able to perform all tasks related to the machines.
7. Complies with departmental policies regarding safety, attendance, and dress code.
8. Other duties as assigned.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
1. High School diploma, general equivalency diploma (GED), and/or GED equivalent programs.
2. Minimum of two (2) years of Pharmacy Technician experience in Hospital or Long-Term Care.
3. Prior Pharmacy Technician Experience in Long-Term Care Pharmacies that operated Parata, TCGRx, or Automed dispensing machines.
4. Must be comfortable using multiple software programs including but not limited to Parata PassWare, FrameworkLTC, and FrameworkECM. .
5. Must be organized and possess effective time management skills.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
1. Two (2) years of previously effective supervisory or lead pharmacy technician experience.
Licenses and Certifications Required:
1. Pharmacy Technician License.
Licenses and Certifications Preferred:
1. Advanced Pharmacy Technician Certification - PTCB.
If you feel the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!