Our team members are the heart of what makes us better. At Hackensack Meridian Health we help our patients live better, healthier lives — and we help one another to succeed. With a culture rooted in connection and collaboration, our employees are team members. Here, competitive benefits are just the beginning. It’s also about how we support one another and how we show up for our community. Together, we keep getting better - advancing our mission to transform healthcare and serve as a leader of positive change.
Partner and act as liaison with EMS department unit response and placement to ensure the efficient flow of emergency transports and the incoming and outgoing telephone and radio submissions. Respond and provide dispatch to EMS Units, answer 911 calls, provide emergency medical call screening/pre-arrival instructions, interact with EMS crews. Coordinate Emergency and Non-Emergency Transportation requests from contracted facilities as needed. Perform all other duties assigned by supervisor or manager.
A day in the life of a Emergency Medical Services Dispatcher, Emergency at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
1. Receives incoming and outgoing calls, differentiates between routine, priority non-emergency, 911 and emergency messages and initiates and follows through on responses as required in a prompt, professional, and caring manner, while maintaining confidentiality.
2. Complies with all local, state and federal laws, regulations and guidelines.
3. Complies with established professional and occupational principles, standards, practices, and procedures.
4. Records all requests for service by means of handwritten and computer entries.
5. Dispatches emergency medical units by means of radio, telephone, or other equipment provided, in accordance with established protocols.
6. Maintains status and location of all units and personnel at all times.
7. Communicates and documents all relevant information between the prehospital providers and receiving facilities.
8. Maintains hospital diversion logs and provides notifications to stakeholders when appropriate.
9. Troubleshoots all communications equipment problems and notifies the appropriate service agency for repair.
10. Submits event reports as needed.
11. Validates transport documentation in accordance with established protocols.
12. Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
13. Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
1. High School diploma, general equivalency diploma (GED), and/or GED equivalent programs.
2. Minimum of 3 years as Non-Emergency Dispatch experience; or related experience in dispatching, law enforcement, firefighting, or EMS.
3. Proper knowledge of the radio system and its components.
4. Proper understanding of radio broadcast procedures.
5. Familiarization with FCC Rules and Regulations.
6. Familiarity with computer aided dispatch, dispatch software, UHF/VHF and other radio frequencies.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
1. Experience working with case managers and insurance providers.
2. Knowledge of county geo-political boundaries, major highways, and landmarks.
3. Familiarity with computer aided dispatch, dispatch software, UHF/VHF and other radio frequencies.
Licenses and Certifications Required:
1. Emergency Medical Technician Certification New Jersey.
2. AHA Basic Health Care Life Support HCP Certification.
3. Basic Tele-communicator within one year of hire.
4. Advanced Emergency Medical Dispatch within one year of hire.
If you feel the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!