Our team members are the heart of what makes us better. At Hackensack Meridian Health we help our patients live better, healthier lives — and we help one another to succeed. With a culture rooted in connection and collaboration, our employees are team members. Here, competitive benefits are just the beginning. It’s also about how we support one another and how we show up for our community. Together, we keep getting better - advancing our mission to transform healthcare and serve as a leader of positive change.
Partner and act as liaison with EMS department unit response and placement to ensure the efficient flow of Non-emergency transports and the incoming and outgoing telephone and radio submissions. Responsible for responding to calls for non-emergency assistance and in dispatching applicable rescue units. Provide dispatch to EMS Department Units, interact with EMS crews. Coordinate Non-Emergency Transportation requests from contracted facilities including wheelchair and BLS non-emergency transportation. Interact with contracted facilities to assist with movement of patients from contracted facilities. Perform all other duties assigned by supervisor or manager.
A day in the life of a Emergency Medical Services Dispatcher, NonEmergent at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
1. Receives incoming and outgoing calls, differentiates between routine, priority non-emergency, 911 and emergency messages and initiates and follows through on responses as required in a prompt, professional, and caring manner, while maintaining confidentiality.
2. Complies with all local, state and federal laws, regulations and guidelines.
3. Complies with established professional and occupational principles, standards, practices, and procedures.
4. Records all requests for service by means of handwritten and computer entries.
5. Dispatches emergency medical units by means of radio, telephone, or other equipment provided, in accordance with established protocols.
6. Maintains status and location of all units and personnel at all times.
7. Communicates and documents all relevant information between the prehospital providers and receiving facilities.
8. Maintains hospital diversion logs and provides notifications to stakeholders when appropriate.
9. Troubleshoots all communications equipment problems and notifies the appropriate service agency for repair.
10. Submits event reports as needed.
11. Validates transport documentation in accordance with established protocols.
12. Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
13. Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
1. High School diploma, general equivalency diploma (GED), and/or GED equivalent programs.
2. Minimum of 1-year Customer Service Experience in HealthCare setting or 1 Year Non-Emergent Dispatching Experience.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
1. Experience working with case managers and insurance providers.
2. Knowledge of county geo-political boundaries, major highways, and landmarks.
3. Familiarity with computer aided dispatch, dispatch software, UHF/VHF and other radio frequencies.
Licenses and Certifications Preferred:
1. Emergency Medical Technician Certification New Jersey.
2. AHA Basic Health Care Life Support HCP Certification.
3. Emergency Medical Dispatcher Certification (NJ State Approved) or Emergency Medical Dispatcher Instructor Certification or Emergency Dispatcher Q.
4. Basic Tele-communicator Certification.
If you feel the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!