Our team members are the heart of what makes us better. At Hackensack Meridian Health we help our patients live better, healthier lives — and we help one another to succeed. With a culture rooted in connection and collaboration, our employees are team members. Here, competitive benefits are just the beginning. It’s also about how we support one another and how we show up for our community. Together, we keep getting better - advancing our mission to transform healthcare and serve as a leader of positive change.
The Registered Dietician develops, implements and promotes quality, evidence based nutrition care to meet the needs of the patients in the acute care setting and in the out-patient setting as assigned. Supports facility and department initiatives to maintain quality of care for in-patients and out-patients. Supports community events to promote health and improve the nutrition status of the communities served by Hackensack Meridian Health. Candidate needs to be available for Fridays and weekends.
1. Utilizes the Nutrition Care Process (NCP) to develop, implement, and monitor evidence based medical nutrition therapy interventions for patients as assigned.
2. Obtains appropriate data, analyzes and interprets data utilizing evidence based guidelines, develops and implements evidence-based nutrition interventions and care plans, and monitors the progress of nutrition interventions by evaluating patient outcomes.
3. Provides nutrition education and/or counseling as appropriate.
4. Actively participates as a member of the health care team caring for the patient.
5. Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
1. Bachelor of Science in Nutrition or related field required
Licenses and Certifications Required:
1. Credentialed Professional (Registered Dietitian) through the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR) within 60 days of hire