Our team members are the heart of what makes us better. At Hackensack Meridian Health we help our patients live better, healthier lives — and we help one another to succeed. With a culture rooted in connection and collaboration, our employees are team members. Here, competitive benefits are just the beginning. It’s also about how we support one another and how we show up for our community. Together, we keep getting better - advancing our mission to transform healthcare and serve as a leader of positive change.
The Radiologic Technologist / X-Ray Technician is responsible for obtaining diagnostic radiographic examinations.
A day in the life of a Radiology Technologist at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
1. Produces diagnostic radiographic examinations by positioning patients, providing immobilization devices, shielding, selecting proper technical factors based on individual patient needs. Select and operate equipment as required for specific procedures.
2. Uses consistent and appropriate techniques to gather relevant information from the medical record, significant others and health care providers to prepare protocols for scanning and patient safety. The collection of information is determined by the patient's needs or condition.
3. In accordance with ALARA principles restricts radiation beam through proper & safe collimation, providing safe care to all patients
4. Performs portable x-ray examinations in patient rooms, operating rooms, and emergency rooms.
5. Follows operational procedure to safely identify patient's images with name and MRN#, correctly mark the image as to the side of the patient taken.
6. Processes & reconstructs all images using methods available
7. Maintains orderly x-ray room, including ordering and maintaining proper & adequate supplies as directed by head of the department.
8. Prepares radiopaque contrast media and assists providers when necessary in administering radiopaque mixtures to patients.
9. Performs administrative duties related to scheduling appointments, patient's instruction, maintenance of records, reception of patients and other administrative duties as required.
10. Renders services and/or assistance to all patients depending on the individual patient's needs and abilities in moving, turning, getting on and off the x-ray tables, etc.
11. Responsible for scheduled shifts including holidays and weekends.
12. Overtime as needed to provide continual quality patient care.
13. On call assignments as needed per Department of Radiology policy.
14. Adheres to the policies of Employee ID, Standards of Behavior, Attendance, and Punctuality.
15. Greets all patients when they arrive for their exam utilizing A.I.D.E.T. standards.
16. Performs daily clerical duties, which includes the use of EPIC, PACS, Teletracking System, computer system, patient scheduling, and other computer systems as added by hospital.
17. Identifies the needs of the patient population served and modifies and delivers care that is specific to those needs (i.e., age, culture, language, hearing and/or visually impaired, etc.). This process includes communicating with the patient, parent, and/or primary caregiver(s) at their level (developmental/age, educational, literacy, etc.).
18. Adheres to the standards identified in the Medical Center's Organizational Competencies.
19. Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
20. Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
1. High School diploma, general equivalency diploma (GED), and/or GED equivalent programs.
2. Completion of an AMA approved school of Radiologic Technology
3. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
4. Proficient computer skills that may include but are not limited to Microsoft Office and/or Google Suite platforms.
Licenses and Certifications Required:
1. American Registry of Radiologic Technologists Certification.
2. Diagnostic Radiography License.
3. AHA Basic Health Care Life Support HCP Certification.
Lifts a minimum of 25 lbs., pushes and pulls a minimum of 50 lbs. and stands a minimum of 6 hours a day.
If you feel the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!