Our team members are the heart of what makes us better. At Hackensack Meridian Health we help our patients live better, healthier lives — and we help one another to succeed. With a culture rooted in connection and collaboration, our employees are team members. Here, competitive benefits are just the beginning. It’s also about how we support one another and how we show up for our community. Together, we keep getting better - advancing our mission to transform healthcare and serve as a leader of positive change.
Works within assigned clinic to determine patients eligible for prescription services via HMH Specialty Pharmacy. The navigator function will include job functions of an Ambulatory Pharmacy Technician but follow a unique job description. Establish an initial greeting to clinic patients and explain services available via HMH Specialty Pharmacy. Assists with obtaining information necessary for prescription processing, helps prioritize workflow and facilitates delivery of completed prescriptions back to the patient Provide superior customer service via direct patient contact and phone calls, assist in preparing and dispensing medications and supplies, receive patient prescriptions, and review medication list with patient. Ensure high level of customer service and teamwork to provide optimal service. Communicate with clinic staff, clinical pharmacists, liaisons and medication access coordinator/patient advocate on medication prior authorizations. Ensures patient medication educational needs are met by facilitating distribution of medication-related educational materials and coordinates counseling with staff pharmacist where needed. Coordinates and facilitates patient pickup of prescriptions and/or delivery of completed prescription orders to patient care areas. Work together with specialty pharmacy staff to develop analytic reports and dashboards required for URAC, ACHC, and any other specialty pharmacy accreditation.
A day in the life of a Certified Specialty Pharmacy Technician Navigator at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
1. Provide superior phone service to customers and patients.
a. Speak with patients on both incoming and outgoing phone calls.
b. Problem solve and triage patient phone calls to pharmacist as necessary.
2. Assist customers with prescriptions and/or other products.
a. Complete special orders to meet customer needs.
b. Demonstrate ability to respond to customer/co-worker questions or concerns in an appropriate and customer-focused
3. Coordinate and ensure appropriate medication delivery.
a. Coordinate delivery of medications supplies and equipment to patients or other areas as assigned.
b. Complete order taking, verifying proper information.
c. Listen to customer concerns.
4. Assist in the preparation and delivery of medications and supplies as assigned.
a. Receive prescriptions from patients; gather customer information per department policy.
b. Prepare prescription drug therapy for patients in an accurate and timely fashion in accordance with all legal
requirements, regulatory agencies and Health System Policy.
c. Assist the pharmacist in identifying patient problems and issues.
5. Complete the work of a pharmacy technician as required.
a. Cross train and cover department technician areas assigned.
6. Ensures that all technician activities are performed in accordance with New Jersey Board or Pharmacy regulations,
OSHA, and Hackensack Meridian Healthcare Policies and Procedures.
7. Follows all applicable government regulations including HIPPA
8. Complies with departmental policies regarding safety, attendance, and dress code.
9. Other duties as assigned.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
1. High School diploma, general equivalency diploma (GED), and/or GED equivalent programs.
2. At least three (3) years of previously effective pharmacy technician experience in Hospital, Retail, or Specialty Pharmacy.
3. Must be comfortable using multiple software programs.
4. Must be organized and possess effective time management skills.
5. Must have ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both verbal and written.
6. Detail-oriented (or ability to perform duties with highest degree of accuracy).
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
1. Specialty Pharmacy.
2. Epic/Willow Ambulatory.
Licenses and Certifications Required:
1. Pharmacy Technician License.
2. PTCB Certified Pharmacy Technician.
If you feel the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!