Our team members are the heart of what makes us better. At Hackensack Meridian Health we help our patients live better, healthier lives — and we help one another to succeed. With a culture rooted in connection and collaboration, our employees are team members. Here, competitive benefits are just the beginning. It’s also about how we support one another and how we show up for our community. Together, we keep getting better - advancing our mission to transform healthcare and serve as a leader of positive change.
The Licensed Addictions Counselor provides individual, family and group therapies and case management to individuals who have substance use disorders.
***Clinical Supervision Offered***
A day in the life of a Licensed Addictions Counselor at HMH/Carrier Clinic includes:
1. Completes patient assessment upon intake, including biopsychosocial, ASAM LOC, ASI (Addiction Severity Index), and other related intake documents.
2. Obtains collateral information and engages family, significant others and referral sources.
3. Provides substance use counseling services to Inpatient and/or IOP clients in individual, group and family modalities utilizing evidence-based interventions.
4. Communicates patient participation/progress to the treatment team
5. Identifies relevant goals, objectives and interventions documented on the Master Treatment Plan in the patient's chart.
6. Completes documentation of patient's progress including group and individual progress notes, ASAM notes, NJ SAMS and other documentation as required.
7. Interacts in a mature and professional manner with patients, visitors and staff. Demonstrates a courteous, cooperative, pleasant and positive attitude. Maintains strict standards of confidentiality.
8. Meets for weekly group supervision and individual supervision on a regular basis and complies with regulations set forth by the appropriate Division of Consumer Affairs professional licensing board.
9. Maintains current knowledge of developments within the field of one's specialization by attending in-service programs, conferences or continuing education as stated in the department's policy on professional development.
10. Participates in departmental meetings, safety huddles, problem solving teams, in-services and other meetings as called by supervisory staff.
11. Handles and disposes of infections and hazardous materials per policies and procedures.
12. Models the 5 Cs standards of behavior.
13. Maintains standards of behavior as established in the Organizational Ethics and Codes of Conduct Policy.
14. Performs other related duties as assigned or requested. Meets or exceeds expectations of patients, hospital and staff members, in person or via the telephone in the course of performing assigned accountabilities.
15. Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
16. Works with the utilization management team to complete peer to peer reviews and initiate appeals.
17. Develops and implements specialized groups to meet the needs of the current population.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
1. Master's Degree in Social Work, Counseling, Psychology or related field.
2. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
3. Proficient computer skills that may include but are not limited to Microsoft Office and/or Google Suite platforms.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
1. Knowledge of ASAM criteria.
2. Knowledge of Trauma Informed Care.
Licenses and Certifications Required:
1. Licensed Clinical Alcohol & Drug Counselor (LCADC) OR Licensed Social Worker (LSW) or Licensed Associate Counselor (LAC) and is working towards a Licensed Clinical Alcohol & Drug Counselor (LCADC).
2. AHA Basic Health Care Life Support HCP Certification and Handle W/ Care certification, or obtained within 90 days of hire.
If you feel the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!