Our team members are the heart of what makes us better. At Hackensack Meridian Health we help our patients live better, healthier lives — and we help one another to succeed. With a culture rooted in connection and collaboration, our employees are team members. Here, competitive benefits are just the beginning. It’s also about how we support one another and how we show up for our community. Together, we keep getting better - advancing our mission to transform healthcare and serve as a leader of positive change.
This position assists the interdisciplinary rehabilitation team in performing tasks related to patient care and department operations.
A day in the life of a Rehabilitation Aide at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
1. Performs safe transfers utilizing cues and assistance as directed. Demonstrates effective guarding techniques when ambulating with patients. Recognizes changes in patient status, takes appropriate action and reports to nurse/therapists immediately. Prepares treatment area and sets up equipment. Supervises/assists patients performing ADL's, as directed by the nurse/OT. Obtains equipment for therapists upon request. Utilizes appropriate communication and behavior management techniques with the patients, as directed by a therapist or nurse. Adheres to daily schedule and provides coverage in the absence of coworker. Accompanies patients to medical/testing appointments as time permits.
2. Able to identify all wheelchair types, cushions, parts per therapist requests. Obtains appropriate wheelchair and parts for patient use per therapist request. Informs supervisor regarding unsafe equipment or conditions. Performs minor equipment repairs and maintenance. Removes unsafe equipment from operational use and notifies supervisor.
3. Cleans treatment areas including dayroom, gyms, patient rooms and other equipment utilizing appropriate agents. Maintains treatment and storage areas in a neat and organized manner. Maintains linen supply. Launders clinic items regularly. Maintains inventory of clinic supplies and provides information to supervisor for ordering.
4. Answers phones using department scripting. Maintains and sets up department logs and files as assigned. Photocopies forms and documents ensuring clear and professional looking documents. Delivers correspondence as requested.
5. Carry out daily recreation groups and provide individual leisure activities as assigned.
6. Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
7. Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
1. High School diploma, general equivalency diploma (GED), and/or GED equivalent programs.
2. Demonstrated ability to communicate with a diverse patient population. Demonstrated ability to work as a member of the interdisciplinary team.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
1. Minimum of 1 year patient care experience preferred.
If you feel the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!