Our team members are the heart of what makes us better. At Hackensack Meridian Health we help our patients live better, healthier lives — and we help one another to succeed. With a culture rooted in connection and collaboration, our employees are team members. Here, competitive benefits are just the beginning. It’s also about how we support one another and how we show up for our community. Together, we keep getting better - advancing our mission to transform healthcare and serve as a leader of positive change.
The Recreation Therapist provides clinical services to clients including assessments, treatment planning, recreational/adjunctive therapy individual and therapeutic patient groups.
A day in the life of a Recreation Therapist at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
1. Client Satisfaction: Promotes a positive client experience, participates in a wellness and recovery model, encourages client feedback.
2. Documentation-Initial Assessment: Initial assessment is completed in an accurate and timely procedure within program policies and procedures.
3. Documentation-Progress Notes: Progress notes are completed in an accurate and timely procedure within program policies and procedures.
4. Treatment Plan: Utilizes Recreational assessment to develop a Treatment plan which is individualized, measurable, and incorporates client involvement. Treatment plan is completed in an accurate and timely procedure within program policies and procedures. Treatment plan review is completed in an accurate and timely manner within program policies and procedures.
5. Initial Assessment: Assessment is comprehensive and demonstrates clinical competence.
6. Performance Improvement: Demonstrates a clear understanding of performance improvement activities within the department. Actively participates in the Performance Improvement Process.
7. Professional enhancement: Maintains and provides knowledge of current issues in the field. Shares information from conferences, articles and training with others.
8. Competencies: Demonstrates clinical competency in the provision of group clinical treatments. Demonstrates clinical competency in the provision of individual clinical treatments.
9. Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
10. Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
1. Master's degree in Occupational Therapy, Activity Therapy or a related field or a Bachelors degree plus a certification as a Certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialist
2. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
3. Proficient computer skills that may include but are not limited to Microsoft Office and/or Google Suite platforms.
Licenses and Certifications Preferred:
1. Certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialist.
If you feel the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!