Our team members are the heart of what makes us better.
At Hackensack Meridian Health we help our patients live better, healthier lives — and we help one another to succeed. With a culture rooted in connection and collaboration, our employees are team members. Here, competitive benefits are just the beginning. It’s also about how we support one another and how we show up for our community.
Together, we keep getting better - advancing our mission to transform healthcare and serve as a leader of positive change.
The Nurse Clinician is a professional practitioner, who by nature of expertise in a clinical specialty. The job requirements include the ability to prioritize and triage situations. The Nurse Clinician must collaborate with physicians, nurses and other health care providers to assess, plan and implement patient care. The nurse clinician will design and implement education programs for nurses, other health care providers, patients and families. The nurse clinician is expected to maintain professional development by participating in continuing education and professional organizations.
A day in the life of a Nurse Clinician at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
1. Implements components of direct and indirect care to patients requiring advanced clinical expertise of sophisticated problem solving abilities. Guides the nursing staff in developing care plans for patients who have complex needs or whose needs require complex interventions. Provides expert nursing consultation and practice oversight in specified areas. Collaborates with patients, families and health care providers in achieving optimal patient outcomes.
2. Participates in multi-professional teams that contribute to role development and (directly or indirectly) advance nursing practice and health services. Mentors other registered nurses and colleagues as appropriate. Works to influence decision-making bodies to improve patient care.
3. Collaborates with physicians to identify clinical priorities to meet learning needs of the nursing and support staff. Designs and implements programs of education for the patient/family with unique and complex needs. Serves as a resource/ mentor to enhance the education and clinical experience of nurses. Attend appropriate patient care conferences.
4. Evaluation of patient care through utilization of quality assurance programs. Identifies patient care and nursing staff needs which would benefit from research studies or performance improvement activities. Analyzes, utilizes and disseminates research findings in clinical practice. Maintain an appropriate database.
5. Coordinates, implements, and evaluates the education programs and until initiatives as assigned.
6. Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
7. Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
1. Bachelor's Degree in Nursing.
2. Minimum 5 years clinical experience in medical/surgical nursing or related field
3. Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office applications and hospital equipment.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
1. MS in Nursing.
2. National certification in specific specialty (CNE) .
3. Experience with electronic medical records.
Licenses and Certifications Required:
1. NJ State Professional Registered Nurse License.
2. AHA Basic Health Care Life Support HCP Certification.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!