Our team members are the heart of what makes us better. At Hackensack Meridian Health we help our patients live better, healthier lives — and we help one another to succeed. With a culture rooted in connection and collaboration, our employees are team members. Here, competitive benefits are just the beginning. It’s also about how we support one another and how we show up for our community. Together, we keep getting better - advancing our mission to transform healthcare and serve as a leader of positive change.
The Mammography Technologist is responsible for performing mammography examinations following ACR requirements. This includes screening and diagnostic mammography as well as other radiologic guided procedures such as stereotactic biopsy, breast localization performed within the Breast Center.
A day in the life of a Mammography Technologist at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
1. Performs diagnostic and screening mammographic examinations on adult adolescent and geriatric patients in an expedient and professional manner.
2. Performs mammographic imaging for breast needle localization procedures and stereotactic procedures as trained.
3. Provides immobilization devices, selects proper technical factors based on individual patient needs and selects and operates equipment for specific procedures.
4. Identifies patient's images with the correct name, MRN number and ensures that images are correctly marked as to the breast side and that all images have technologist's initials.
5. Assists with quality control procedures and documenting of phantom image, repeat analysis, calibration test, Geometry calibration, diagnostic review workstation QC, compression test, visual machine checks, view box calibration test, artifact test, CNR/SNR testing and reviewing condition, as delegated by the leadership.
6. Assists with compiling statistics for patient follow-ups, tracking of breast localizations, biopsy recommendations and follow-up on positive biopsy reports.
7. Documents procedures regarding quality control and quality assurance for mammography in compliance with ACR, MQSA, NJ State and FDA.
8. Ensure proper use of the Faxitron system.
9. Documents in EMR (EPIC)any pertinent information regarding patients.
10. Identifies the needs of the patient population served and modifies and delivers care that is specific to those needs (i.e., age, culture, language, hearing and/or visually impaired, etc.).This process includes communicating with the patient, parent, and/or primary caregiver(s) at their level (developmental/age, educational, literacy, etc.).
11. All equipment must be cleaned with hospital disinfectant as per manufacturer instructions recommendations.
12. Understands and verbalizes proper shielding protocol as per institutional policy.
13. Understands and verbalizes images wisely.
14. Ensures rooms are stocked and kept in an orderly manner.
15. Ensures proper labeling of specimen images.
16. Tracks the location of the patient in Epic during the Breast Center visit.
17. Ensures appropriate procedures are begun and ended in a timely manner.
18. Recognize equipment technical errors and initiate corrective action.
19. Performs other duties as directed by supervisory personnel which includes but is not limited to training of new students/personnel.
20. Adheres to the standards identified in the Medical Center's Organizational Competencies.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
1. High School diploma, general equivalency diploma (GED), and/or GED equivalent programs.
2. Graduate of an AMA approved School of Radiologic Technology. 24 continuing education credits must be obtained every 2 years. 5 continuing education credits must be maintained per year for mammography.
3. Must be able to meet the requirements for the National Registry (ARRT) and pass the examination.
4. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
5. Proficient computer skills that include but are not limited to Microsoft Office and/or Google Suite platforms.
Licenses and Certifications Required:
1. Diagnostic Radiography License.
2. Registered Technologist Radiology & Mammography.
3. American Registry of Radiologic Technologists Certification.
4. AHA Basic Health Care Life Support HCP Certification.
If you feel the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!