Our team members are the heart of what makes us better. At Hackensack Meridian Health we help our patients live better, healthier lives — and we help one another to succeed. With a culture rooted in connection and collaboration, our employees are team members. Here, competitive benefits are just the beginning. It’s also about how we support one another and how we show up for our community. Together, we keep getting better - advancing our mission to transform healthcare and serve as a leader of positive change.
The Certified Pharmacy Technician provides technical support for the registered pharmacist in order to provide the pharmacist with sufficient time to focus on required functions. Responsibilities include the filling of orders and maintenance of appropriate supply levels in filling areas. Assists pharmacists in providing medication and other healthcare related products to patients.
A day in the life of a Certified Pharmacy Technician at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
1. Prepares designated IV additive preparations using appropriate aseptic technique under the supervision of a registered pharmacist.
2. Prepares medication trays.
3. Delivers or tubes (pneumatic tube system) medication to patient care areas in accordance with departmental policies.
4. Ensures security, proper storage and delivery of all medications, supplies and orders.
5. Prepares medication orders under the oversight of a registered pharmacist.
6. Inspects and delivers medication carts to patient care areas
7. Assists the pharmacist in the maintenance of adequate drug supplies in filling areas and gives notification regarding the need to reorder supplies.
8. Assures that the filling areas maintained in a neat and orderly manner.
9. Assists the pharmacist in maintaining the security of drug supplies.
10. May resolve problems related to prescription inquiries.
11. Escalates calls to a registered pharmacist as necessary.
12. Provides appropriate documentation wherever and whenever required.
13. Performs tasks associated with automated equipment and maintains appropriate records as designated.
14. Lifts a minimum of 5 lbs., pushes and pulls a minimum of 5 lbs. and stands a minimum of 4 hours a day.
15. Adheres to the standards identified in the Medical Center's Organizational Competencies.
16. Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
1. High School diploma, general equivalency diploma (GED), and/or GED equivalent programs.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
1.Hospital experience with knowledge of unit dose dispensing and IV admixtures.
Licenses and Certifications Required:
1. PTCB Certified Pharmacy Technician or NHA Certified Pharmacy Tech (CPT or ExCPT).
2. Pharmacy Technician License.
Lifts a minimum of 5 lbs., pushes and pulls a minimum of 5 lbs. and stands a minimum of 4 hours a day.
If you feel the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!